Saturday, April 15, 2006

On (and off!!!) the needles




I have been trying to arrange for a friend to model two of my latest wraps; in lieu of that, here are some pics. I got them steamed at the cleaners which helps with the drape. I am really happy with the lattice wrap and am pleased I got another skein of Schaefer Laurel to make one with. The skein has much more magenta than the photo in a previous post - I think it will be rather dramatic. But this pink/white one will be lovely to wear to church tomorrow, Easter Sunday.

Next is the wrap from Louisa Harding, also pictured in a previous post. Just trying to take a better pic.

Here is a square in progress from the Great North American Afghan book by XRX. It is knit in Plymouth Encore, per the teacher's suggestion. This is a from a biweekly class at the Village Knittery. This is my first time working on DPNs. Perhaps I went off the circulars too soon. I have dropped several stitches and find it hard to pick them up; my stitch count is off, more than the dropped stitches will account for, and I just don't like it enough to frog and start over. At some point I will find time to drive in and see if they can help me fix it. I also learned the difference in which way you slip the knits in a SKP2 - a bit late in the game so the corners aren't as neat as they are supposed to be. It's a learning experience.

You can see two completed cable strips for the Cable Throw from the Knitter's Bible. Of course they will need to be blocked; you see my hand and Curious George trying to straighten them out for your viewing pleasure. I am really enjoying working with the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky. I tell my boys the throw will be for them and they rub it on their cheeks in anticipation!

No comments: