Friday, March 31, 2006

Last hurrah


Today was the last day before my "use what you have" commitment begins, which I actually plan to keep for 2 months or more. Anyway as a last hurrah I went to Chez Casuelle which has wonderful prices on handpainted yarn, and picked up the rest of the supplies I need for the Lorna's Laces Twisted Float Shrug from Vogue Knitting, some Malabrigo to test out for the Great American Afghan project, and another skein of Schaefer Laurel, in the Catherine the Great colorway. I started casting on for the versatile wrap today; I thought I would have some good knitting time at the doctor's office, but that practice has it going on! I have never been in and out of a doctor's office so quickly! In before my appointed time, out within 15 minutes! And the doctor seemed to have plenty of time for me! Anyway I also visited another website to get some crochet hooks and DMC crochet thread. I've been studying motifs in the Crochet Stitch Bible for inspiration for scrumbling, and everything looks so gorgeous in the crisp mercerized cottons that they use. Got some different hook materials too: balene (faux I'm sure) and rosewood - all on discount at www.knitting-warehouse.com.

2 comments:

HPNY KNITS said...

I l-o-v-e the color combo of the skein you show. there was a great sale in NYC, and I could not go today, so I missed my last chance before the 1st. (there will be more...... I am sure...... right...???)

sheep#100 said...

Very pretty.
See my stash flash here